Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My First 10 Hours in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

After playing Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for 10 hours, I would say the expansion is fun. Previously I have completed all my quests in Monster Hunter Freedom 2. With Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, they added a few more quests for some category like Village Quest 3-5 stars, One exciting thing about hunting now is you can take up Epic quest. Epic quest is where you will fight monster after monster, one after another, in a single quest. Example you will fight Yian Kut-ku, follow by Hypnocatrice, finally Yian Garuga. For hardcore hunter, this is a real test for their hunting skill.

I have killed both Hypnocatrice and Nargacuga from Village Felyne Quest. Hypnocatrice attack is similar to Yian Kut-ku, but it spew Sleeping Gas Ball. Hypnocatrice consecutive 4 Flying Kick is a killer, but quite easy to dodge as long as you roll to his side. Overall Hypnocatrice is easy to kill. Next is Nargacuga, the feature monster in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. This monster is a pain in the ass. During my first run, I get hit a lot by his Tail Whip. His movement is fast and likes to move around. Some of his attacks are similar to Tigrex. My overall strategy for Nargacuga is to stay near his hind legs where his Tail Whip cannot hit me.

Now the interesting part, you get to do G-Level Quests. In Monster Hunter Freedom 2, G Rank Quest now call High Rank Quest in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. I can tell you, G-Level quest is a lot harder compare to High Rank Quest. The monster now has more health, higher defense and higher attack. Also they get some new attack that is deadly. After playing G-Level Quest, I feel High Rank Quest is so much easier now. Since G-Level Quest is twice harder than the old G-Rank Quest, I wonder if G-Level Quest can be done solo.

2 comments:

  1. Joining Monster Hunter Gathering @ Jakarta
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you Aditya. When the time is right, we will organize a gathering for Monster Hunters in Jakarta.

    Welcome to the camp.

    ReplyDelete